COVID-19 Information from Rural Response for Healthy Children
The Rural Response for Healthy Children office is now closed. The best way to contact us is via email@example.com or leave a message at 1-800-479-0716.
How you can help Huron County families:
- Many people are asking how to help others in the community. We all need Huron County children to thrive during this pandemic and community plays a big part!
Each day, check in with friends, neighbours and families who have children and youth living at home. Talk with parents and caregivers, talk with children and youth via telephone or virtually.
- Another option is to make a donation to Rural Response for Healthy Children through Canada Helps or via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a charitable receipt for donations over $20. Charity #132232372 RR0001 Donations stay in Huron County to support Huron County families who are experiencing vulnerable situations.
- As of March 26th, we launched “Let Love Go Viral”. Find out more about the campaign and how you can participate in #letlovegoviralrrhc
How you can help keep yourself and those around you well:
- At this stage, the best way to help yourself is to wash your hands and practice social distancing.
Be well and follow the protocols from public health.
- Inform yourself with evidence-based information from:
- In a medical emergency, call 911.
- For medical advice, please call Huron Perth Health Unit 1-888-221-2133 or Ontario Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000
There is also a self-assessment tool available. https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-self-assessment
Financial help for families:
- On March 18th, the federal government announced financial supports that families and small businesses may access. For more information, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html